137 N. F Street
Exeter, CA 93221
Director: Sheri Emerson
The Finance Department is committed to:
- Analyzing the city's financial position and develop short and long range plans to ensure financial viability.
- Providing high quality financial reporting and budget presentations.
Advising city management on business factors affecting the city's fiscal environment.
- Ensuring the security and proper disbursement of funds through effective appropriation management.
- Administering the business license and occupancy tax ordinances including annual renewals, new licenses, complaints, and coordination with state agencies.
- Providing staff training to ensure the division's technical capabilities remain current.
- Develop and update effective administrative policies to maintain internal controls.
- Ensuring that city departments obtain the materials and services needed, within budget, and in compliance with procurement policies.
- Maximizing investment earnings while safeguarding public funds as established by the City Investment Policy and state law.