Police Department Expands Volunteer Program
The Exeter Police Department is now accepting applications for the position of Police Volunteer as we look to expand this incredible program.
All Police Volunteer Applicants, must be a minimum of 18 years of age, live or work in the City of Exeter, successfully pass a background check, and complete the required training.
Police Volunteers have the opportunity to help their community in a number of ways. These ways include, but are not limited to:
- Community service and crime prevention programs
- Conducting school/business/home patrol checks
- Delivery of documents to courts and other law enforcement agencies
- Traffic control
- Assist stranded motorists
- Office assistance
- Other duties that do not require sworn personnel, allowing officers to better utilize their time serving the community
Once applications are received and applicants pass their background check, a training program will be scheduled. This training will be provided by members of the Exeter Police Department.
If you are interested in becoming a Police Volunteer and giving back to this wonderful community, contact Sergeant Mike Giefer at (559) 592-3103 ext. 2004 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.