The Exeter Police Department is now accepting applications for the position of Police Volunteer as we look to expand this incredible program.
All Police Volunteer Applicants, must be a minimum of 18 years of age, live or work in the City of Exeter, successfully pass a background check, and complete the required training.
Police Volunteers have the opportunity to help their community in a number of ways. These ways include, but are not limited to:
- Community service and crime prevention programs
- Conducting school/business/home patrol checks
- Delivery of documents to courts and other law enforcement agencies
- Traffic control
- Assist stranded motorists
- Office assistance
- Other duties that do not require sworn personnel, allowing officers to better utilize their time serving the community
Once applications are received and applicants pass their background check, a training program will be scheduled. This training will be provided by members of the Exeter Police Department.
If you are interested in becoming a Police Volunteer and giving back to this wonderful community, contact Sergeant Cesar Fernandez at (559) 592-3103 ext. 2004 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.